Saturday, July 14, 2012

Homemade Ranch-Style Dressing

As I have mentioned before, I like to make my own salad dressing. I was never a fan of ranch dressing, at least not the type you could buy at the store. A local restaurant makes a great homemade version, however, and this is my attempt to replicate it. You could easily use fresh herbs if you have them.


Makes 4-8 servings, depending on how much dressing you like

Ingredients:

  • 1/4 C. mayonnaise
  • 1/4 C. fat-free Greek yogurt
  • 1/2 tsp. dried dill 
  • 1/2 tsp. italian seasoning
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
  • 1 Tbsp. water
Mix the mayo, yogurt, and spices in a small bowl. Slowly add the water to thin the dressing to the desired consistency.


 Keep any extra dressing in a sealed container in the refrigerator. You may need to allow it to sit out for a few minutes, then shake or stir before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment