Friday, June 22, 2012

Easy Cherry Compote

I'm a little behind here, but I wanted to post about this easy cherry sauce that I made to put over crepes for breakfast on Father's Day. As always I used Emmy's crepe recipe (makes 8 crepes).



You can use either tart or sweet cherries. With sweet cherries, you should cut back on the sugar a little bit. This makes enough for 3-4 servings, but you can easily double it to serve more.

Ingredients:

  • 1 C. tart or sweet cherries, pitted
  • 1/3 C. sugar
  • 1 Tbsp. lime juice (could substitute lemon juice, but I like the cherry-lime combo)
In a small saucepan, heat the cherries, sugar, and lime juice over medium heat. When the sauce begins to bubble, lower the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, until the sauce thickens and the cherries soften, but still retain their shape.


This sauce is also great over grilled pork or chicken or as an ice cream topping!

No comments:

Post a Comment