Sunday, September 22, 2013

Easy Cinnamon Rolls Made With Pizza Dough

The other day I had planned to make homemade pizza, so I defrosted some pizza dough. Then, life intervened (my older son got a black eye running into a classmate on the playground), and the pizza never got made. The dough went into the fridge, and I forgot about it until this morning.

It occurred to me that I could potentially make cinnamon rolls with the dough. I did a quick Google search, and sure enough, people have done it. They were very tasty and took less than 30 minutes to make.


Makes about 12 small cinnamon rolls.

Ingredients:

  • 1 recipe pizza dough, at room temperature
  • 4 Tbsp. butter, cut into small pieces, plus more for greasing the pan
  • 2 Tbsp. cinnamon-sugar (ratio of about 1:3, cinnamon:sugar)
  • 1/4 C. confectioner's sugar, for the glaze
  • 1 Tbsp. milk, for the glaze
Once the dough is at room temperature, stretch it into a rectangle about 1/4 in. thick. I would guess it was about 12 inches long.


Dot the surface with about 3/4 of the butter, then sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.


Tightly roll the dough, long-ways, into a log shape. 


Use a knife to cut about 12 slices from the log. Put the rolls in a buttered 8" square baking dish. Dot with the remaining butter.


Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes, until light golden brown.


Meanwhile, whisk together the confectioner's sugar and milk to form a glaze.


Once the cinnamon rolls have come out of the oven, drizzle the glaze over the top.

Serve warm.


No comments:

Post a Comment