Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Pumpkin Banana Muffins

It's finally feeling like fall around here, which means I can pull out all my pumpkin recipes! Normally, my go-to recipe is my simple pumpkin muffins, but I had some very overripe bananas that I wanted to incorporate, so I tweaked the recipe a bit, increasing the flour and decreasing the sugar and oil.


Makes about 12 large muffins.

Ingredients:

  • 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1 C. pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 C. brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. each of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and/or all-spice
  • 1/4 C. vegetable oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 C. all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
In a mixing bowl, add the bananas, pumpkin, brown sugar, and spices. 


Stir until blended. Add the oil, eggs, and vanilla and stir again.


Finally, add the flour, baking powder, and baking soda, and stir to combine. 


Do not over-mix. There will be lumps of banana in the batter.

Divide the batter evenly into 12 greased muffin tins.


Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes, until the muffins are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

Cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment