Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Cobb Salad

Here's another quick dinner, perfect for when you don't want to do a lot of cooking. The first time I had a Cobb Salad I was just blown away by how appealing it looked. If you've never had a composed salad like this, each of the toppings are arranged in a group on top of a bed of greens.


The ingredients I used tonight:

  • mixed greens
  • hard boiled eggs
  • avocado
  • tomatoes
  • bacon
  • blue cheese
Traditionally, Cobb salad also includes chicken or turkey, but I didn't have any. You could also add green onions or chives, and if you're not a fan of blue cheese, you could substitute something milder.

For the dressing, I whisked together, 1/3 C. white wine vinegar, 1 Tbsp. dijon mustard, and 1/3 C. olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

I served the salad with rolls on the side.

1 comment:

  1. I love cobb salad! So much healthier to make it at home than eat it in a restaurant :)

    ReplyDelete