Monday, May 9, 2011

Tortellini and Asparagus Salad with Honey Lime Dressing

Once again, it's Monday, and I'm raiding the fridge to see what I can put together for dinner. I had some leftover cooked tortellini from last week (Sometimes I save leftover pasta and sauce separately to use in other recipes). Combined with a bunch of produce I had left from last week's farmers market, it's another easy, healthy meal. I included a good amount of chopped mint in each salad because I love the combination of mint and lime.


Ingredients:

  • Cheese tortellini, cooked and cooled
  • Asparagus, cooked, cooled, and cut into pieces
  • Salad greens
  • Cucumber, sliced
  • Cherry Tomatoes, halved
  • Carrots, diced
  • Green onions, sliced
  • Mint leaves, roughly chopped
  • Pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
  • Blue cheese
  • 1/4 C. lime juice
  • 2 Tbsp. honey
  • 2 Tbsp. olive oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Mix the last four ingredients to make the honey lime dressing. Toss the rest of the ingredients together and drizzle with the dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment