Thursday, February 3, 2011

Jamie Oliver's Tray Baked Chicken

I find recipes in all sorts of places. Tonight's dinner comes courtesy of a Jamie Oliver recipe that I saw in the Parade magazine supplement in a recent Sunday Washington Post. Several of my Facebook friends also tried this recipe - it really looks so appealing. I tucked it away for a day when I would have a little more time. Luckily, I had time earlier in the day to brine the chicken - I really do think it makes a difference.



I did tweak the recipe a bit: I used chicken drumsticks instead of breasts because that's what I had. I omitted the sage because it reminds me too much of Thanksgiving and just used extra garlic, salt, and pepper. I used just 2 big potatoes, one white and one sweet. I used half-n-half rather than heavy cream (trying to be a little healthier - ha, I still put the butter on top of the chicken...) And I left out the cheese.

Next time, I'd probably use less broth; the sauce was a little soupy. Also, the potatoes came out a little soft for my taste, so I'd probably put the chicken on sooner and cut the bake time down by 10 or 15 minutes. And I'd try some other herbs, maybe oregano.

I served it with a salad and some of the cheesy scones from the other day. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment