Thursday, February 3, 2011

Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette

Although I don't do it often enough, making salad dressing at home is very simple and tastes so much better than what you can buy at the store.



My favorite recipe is for maple balsamic vinaigrette. I know this one off the top of my head by remembering 2-2-2-2. Whisk together 2 tsp of dijon mustard, 2 tsp of maple syrup, 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, and 2 Tbsp good quality olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.


I don't put a lot of dressing on my salads, so this recipe will dress 4-6 side salads. Store it in the refrigerator in a sealed container. You will have to let it come to room temperature and shake or whisk to re-combine.

2 comments:

  1. I love salad dressing, yours sounds good! And you know what? I am working on my next post and it's a salad dressing recipe!! Great minds think alike ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree homemade dressing is so much better. I love it when I take the time to mix some of my own!

    ReplyDelete