Friday, July 8, 2011

Baked Potato Slices

I hesitate to call these potato chips because they don't get as crispy as ones fried in oil. Still, this is a great accompaniment to burgers. I used red potatoes but any type of potato will work - sweet potatoes also work well but don't get as crispy.


Ingredients:

  • 3-4 red potatoes (or any potato), thinly sliced
  • spray oil
  • salt and pepper
Try to slice the potatoes as thinly and evenly as possible (use a mandolin if you have one). Spread the potatoes in a single layer on a cookie sheet and spray them with oil. 

I do NOT use the aerosol cooking spray because it has such a weird odor. My grocery store sells spritzer bottles of oil that I buy instead; kitchen supply stores also sell little refillable pump-type oil mister bottles, but mine clogged and I haven't bought another one.

Sprinkle the potatoes with a little salt and pepper, then flip them over and spray them with oil on the other side.

Bake at 400 for 25 minutes, flipping them halfway through. Cool slightly and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment