Friday, July 8, 2011

Blueberry Banana Smoothie

We have no AC in our house right now, ugh. With a combination of closed blinds and oscillating and ceiling fans, it's not too bad. But what better way to cool off than a smoothie? This is a great mid-morning snack; it's super filling and healthy too! Here's a great tip. Use frozen bananas in your smoothies. Then you don't need to add ice. Whenever I have an overripe banana that no one wants to eat, I just stash it in the freezer until I'm ready to make a smoothie!


Ingredients:

  • 1 frozen banana
  • handful of fresh blueberries
  • 1 tsp. honey
  • 1/2 C. non-fat plain yogurt (I used greek)
  • splash of milk
  • 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed or wheat germ (optional)
Let the banana thaw slightly as you collect the other ingredients. This will make it easier to peel. Throw everything into a blender and blend until combined. Add a little extra milk if the smoothie is too thick. I have gotten so good at making these that I don't even measure anything - I just eyeball it!

No comments:

Post a Comment