Monday, January 9, 2012

Crunchy Baked Fish, Mashed Potatoes, and Easy Creamed Spinach

Here's another quick meal for a busy weeknight. It makes use of a few things I found while cleaning out my freezer over the weekend.


Crunchy Baked Fish
  • 3-4 thin fish fillets (tilapia, cod, salmon, or similar) - I thawed some frozen fish
  • 1 Tbsp. mustard (dijon, spicy, yellow, whatever you have)
  • 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
  • 2 Tbsp. panko bread crumbs
  • salt and pepper to taste
Lay the fish on a greased cookie sheet. Mix the mustard and mayo in a small bowl, then brush over the tops of the fillets. Sprinkle with panko to cover each. Season with salt and pepper. Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish. The bread crumbs should be browned and the fish should be moist and flaky.

Mashed Potatoes

I use 2-3 medium Yukon Gold potatoes and leave the skin on. Once they are tender, I mash with just a little butter, milk, salt, and pepper. I like my mashed potatoes on the chunky side, so I don't mash for very long.

Easy Creamed Spinach

I used a package of frozen spinach. I thawed it in the microwave, then squeezed out the extra water. I heated the spinach and about 4 oz. of plain cream cheese in a small saucepan over low heat. I seasoned it with a little salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Simple and yummy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment