Thursday, January 20, 2011

Top Chef

I love watching Top Chef. I've been watching it since the first season - I stumbled onto it in the middle of the night while up with my oldest son, then a newborn. I am especially enjoying the current All-Star season.

I was excited that three local DC chefs - Carla Hall (of Alchemy catering), Spike Mendelsohn (of Good Stuff Eatery and We The Pizza), and Mike Isabella (formerly of Zatinya and opening his own place soon) - were in the All-Star cast. As I mentioned before, I love to support local businesses, especially restaurants.

Last night's episode was Restaurant Wars! In addition to rooting for Carla and Mike, I also really like Richard Blais and Fabio Viviani. How can you not like Fabio? He is so entertaining. If you haven't read his blog or hilarious twitter feed, you should.

I don't want to spoil last night's episode, in case you haven't seen it yet, but here are some funny online recaps of the show:

2 comments:

  1. I like reading Fabio's broken English in his blog. It makes me feel like I am back in Italy. I'm rooting for either Richard, Fabio, or Carla. Have you gotten to Volt yet in Frederick? I've tried some top chef restaurants here in NYC. Harold's Perilla restaurant is really good (season 1), as is Jonathan Waxman's Barbuto (Top Chef Masters). I saw Marcus Samuelsson in Soho one day! It was pretty awesome. My kind of celebrity sighting.
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't gotten to Volt yet. It's tough to get a reservation still, at least with us having to plan ahead and find a babysitter, etc. I am so jealous that you live in Manhattan. There are so many restaurants there I'd like to try!

    ReplyDelete